Police still do not know the cause of Sarah Everard’s death, with no results from the second post-mortem emerging.
Human remains were found over two weeks ago (March 10) as part of the search for the missing 33-year-old.
The body was found in woodland near Ashford, and has since been identified as Sarah Everard through dental records.
Detectives attempting to establish the cause of death held an initial post-mortem on March 17, but the examination proved ‘inconclusive’.
This led to a second post-mortem examination, this time independent from police, being carried out on Ms Everard’s body, by senior coroner Patricia Harding.
But on Wednesday, March 24, Metropolitan Police confirmed that a cause of death had still not yet been established.
Efforts are ongoing, and ‘specialist analysis’ will take place to assist the investigation.
An inquest into the marketing executive’s death opened last week, with Ms Harding confirming that Ms Everard’s body had been released to her family so they can plan her funeral.
Sarah Everard went missing on March 3 whilst walking home from a friends house in south London.
Speaking at the opening of her inquest, acting detective inspector Lee Tullot said police had worked to plot her full route from Leathwaite Road in Clapham to her home in Brixton.
He told the coroner that Ms Everard had made a 15-minute phone call to her boyfriend which ended at 9:27pm.
There was no further activity on her phone, no social media presence and she failed to turn up for a work meeting the next day.
This was described as “all very much out of character,” and a missing person’s inquiry was launched the next day.
PC Wayne Couzens, a serving Met Police officer, has been charged with Sarah’s murder and kidnap.
He is currently remanded in prison ahead of a plea hearing at the Old Bailey on July 9 later this year.
A provisional trial date has been set for October 25.